A couple of weeks ago, I was on my way into a public restroom stall when some lettering caught my eye on the bottom of the lid. Stuck to the lid was a single word…
A flood of spiritual implications invaded my mind about the spiritual parallels of this one single sticker so creatively placed in a public bathroom stall. The Church in many cases is hyperbolically likened to toilet:
- The Church is probably one of the last things on the minds of millions of people, yet, it is a basic necessity.
- The Church is a place to flush all the crap (pun intended) out of your life as you leave your burdens on the alter.
- The Church is in almost every place (public or private) of life because it is made up of humans who work in all aspects of life.
- The Church is faithfully waiting, day in and day out. No run away toilets around here!
- The Church is dependable as no one has ever wondered if their toilet is going to hold out on them this time.
- The Church is made up of sinners who at times can clog up when they forget their real purpose.
- The Church comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, & colors; yet it serves one purpose.