Sometimes we have two sets of data that are related, but are on different scales. Maybe you want to plot profit on the same chart as your income/expenses. The problem is that income and expenses are whole numbers (in the thousands in our example) and profit is usually expressed as a percentage (less than 1). The solution is to plot profit on a secondary axis:
- Select your data and insert a bar chart.
- Click on the Format tab under Chart Tools.
- Select the series to plot on a secondary axis. In our example, it is “Series Profit”.
- Click on Format Selection.
- Select the Secondary Axis option and click OK.
- Click on the Design tab.
- On the left side of the ribbon, click Change Chart Type.
- Select the line option.